- Interchange: 0.80% + $0.15
CPS/Retail Debit is Visa’s Interchange rate for base debit card types in a card present or signature debit transaction. Unregulated debit cards issued by banks with less than $10 billion in assets (small banks, credit unions, etc.) will clear at this interchange rate. These cards are exempt from the Durbin Amendment.
- 0.80% + $0.15 April 2012
- 0.95% + $0.20 April 2010
- 1.03% + $0.15 October 2009
- Cardholder and card present, signature obtained, single electronic authorization, merchant name, city, and state included in authorization
- Read & transmit complete magnetic stripe, transaction settled within 1 day of authorization, authorization response data included in settled transaction.
- Clearing amount must equal authorization amount except for the following sic codes: 4121 (Taxicabs & Limosines), 5813 (Bars & Taverns), 7230 (Barber & Beauty Shop), 7298 (Health & Beauty Spas). This is to account for tipping in these business types.